Our History

Established in 1973 by the Birmingham Jewish Federation, the N.E. Miles Jewish Day School is located on the Montclair Road Jewish Community Campus. The school was born out of the desire of community members to provide an excellent General Studies and Jewish education for their children in an atmosphere of respect for diversity and love of learning. The school is named for Dr. Nathaniel Edgar Miles (1910-1995), a friend and philanthropist, who devoted his career and life to children and Jewish education, and whose generosity has greatly benefited our school.

The continued growth and success of our program is credited to our dedicated students, families, faculty and staff, and the community at large. The Birmingham Jewish Federation provides financial support annually to NEMJDS, and the Birmingham Jewish Foundation holds the NEMJDS Endowment funds. The school moved into its current building in 1993. In 2012, NEMJDS was re-accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. We are a member of RAVSAK, the Jewish Community Day School Network and PEJE, the Partnership for Excellence in Jewish Education.

 

About Us

 

 

 

 

 
N.E. Miles Jewish Day School
4000 Montclair Road
Birmingham, AL 35213
Website designed and maintained by
Eric J. Rzeszut
Phone: (205) 879-1068     Fax: (205) 879-6183
Email: schoolfeedback@nemjds.org