Head of School: Debra Abolafia
Grades Served: Kindergarten through 8th Grade
Number of Students: 79 (reform, conservative, orthodox)
- Accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Member RAVSAK—the Jewish Community Day School Network
- Member PEJE—Partnership for Excellence in Jewish Education
- Partner Agency of the Birmingham Jewish Federation
- Location: on the Birmingham Jewish Community Campus on Montclair Road, adjacent to the Levite Jewish Community Center
- Built in 1993, featuring:
- Modern classrooms
- Science & Computer Labs; Upper School iPads
- A Library housing over 10,000 volumes of English & Hebrew books
- A Glatt Kosher lunchroom
- An open-air commons for community events and lunch
- Abroms Center Gymnasium/Assembly Hall for athletic and performance events
- An inviting outdoor play area including multiple playground structures, an organic garden, and a low-ropes area
- Access to soccer, tennis, swimming, track and exercise programs of the LJCC
- Mitzvah Tree Service Project for all grade levels serves local non-profit organizations.
- Youth Philanthropy Program teaches Upper School students fundraising & allocations skills. Donations made annually to local, national and international charities.
- Birmingham Jewish Federation/Jewish Community Relations Committee (JCRC) Speaker's Bureau frequently offers programming for students.
- NEMDJS hosts the Alabama Symphony for performances open to the general community.
- Students perform for LJCC Senior Luncheon Programming
COMMON HIGH SCHOOLS ATTENDED BY GRADUATES:
- Mountain Brook High School
- Altamont School
- Indian Springs School
- Shades Valley High School International Baccalaureate Program
- American Hebrew Academy
- Yeshivot around the country